HwOoh!

Well this weekend has been pretty intense. Saturday was our last day in the apartment. Even though we've been living with my parents for a couple of weeks now, we've still been slowing get the last few things cleaned/vacated/repaired back at the complex. It was also the first of my 2 day MSF (motorcycle safety foundation) course. Here in TX, it's not required to take this course to get a motorcycle license, but it helps expedite the whole process, and definitely is a money saver for bike insurance.

Our trusty steeds!

Anywho, the class was long, and it got so hot out there today riding around, that my black helmet actually had glue seeping out of one of the seems because it was softening in the sun. Crazy. Needless to say, I got a good bit of sun out there. BUT, I got my certificate of completion so it was all worth it. Sometime next week I'm going to take a day off and head down to the DMV and hopefully I'll leave with the coveted "M" on my license from now on. WHOO HOO!

--Funny story: When I first got my bike, everyone I showed it to said "Hey man, that looks like the Bat Bike!" (It's all flat black with glossy black accents) and that quickly became it's nickname. So the first day of class, we were all walking around picking our bikes, and I looked down and saw this on one of them...


I figured it was a sign that me+that bike=destiny.



My lovely bride spent her weekend cleaning the apartment, and then cleaning our room, and THEN doing laundry. What a trooper!!!
For Labor Day we had tickets to a Ranger's game, but we were both tired and didn't feel like going, so we had a nice at-home date night. Got a couple movies and ordered pizza. It was REALLY REALLY nice. How was everyone else's holiday weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Devon said...:

    nice bike! I have a blog too! Miss you guys! see you at Thanksgiving!

  1. hmmm...glad to see you're taking the proper precautions. :) Those things scare me...but after all, a batbike? Nothing could be cooler than that...
    haha...
    And, I gotta say, though that bit of prose you quoted on my blog does ring quite true, for me it's about being "most likely to end up on TV for trippin while gettin groceries".
    Mandy

  1. Danielle said...:

    I didn't know y'all had a blog. :) Tell Lindsey hi for me!

 
The Cobb Spot © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops