Vacation Mode

G'Mornin' all! Can I just tell you HOW ready I am for our vacay? This morning I'm working in the drive thru (I work at a bank) waiting for my part-time teller to arrive and it's SO slow. I'm left to blog surfing and thinking about going to DisneyWorld. My weekend's pretty busy already, tonight I'm helping Mary get ready for her Super Sweet 16 party, and then at some point I need to do laundry, clean our room and pack everything. And by everything I mean for both Matt and me. Matt's gotta work tonight and tomorrow, which leaves me alone for packing. I'm okay with it. In fact, it's almost better like this, now he's not in my way. Also, as a good wife, I can ensure that he has everything he needs (y'know, guys forget little things that are still very important, i.e. toothbrush, deodorant... stuff like that).

However, I'm going to miss my Millie Bear dearly! A few weeks ago we took her to the vet with a suspiscion of a bladder infection or a urinary tract infection. Turns out she did have a UTI, so they put her on antibiotics and finished the extensive urinalysis. Well we heard back from them a couple of days ago and she happens to have an extremely resistant string of bacteria. I'm glad we had the urinalysis done so that she can be properly medicated and properly heal, I just feel so bad for her. Being sick is no es bueno, and being sick without your mommy is even more no es bueno.

But I am going to try to not worry about her, and I'm sure I'll be fine next week without her, I'm going to DISNEY WORLD.

As for the rest of our lives, Matt is working his butt off saving some moola for our trip/house. He's having a better time now that he's finally got his bike out of the shop (which, by the way, is SUPER FUN). He'll also be testing in a couple of weeks to advance belts in Tae Kwon Do. I'm very proud of him!

Also, for those of you who don't know (or haven't seen our facebooks) they poured the foundation for our home! The house looks itty bitty, but it'll be all ours (or at least after 30 years). And we got a phone call from the builder with more information as well. They'll start framing it like this weekend. So most likely, by the time we come back we'll have a frame on our home. That's also exciting. Oh, and the estimated date is January 7. This works out well. I REALLY didn't want to move in right before Christmas and not be able to get in spirit by decorating. This way we'll have time to have shindigs at our house next holiday season.

Well I should really get back to work. I just wanted to give y'all an update on our lives. Matt's been so busy lately, I don't think he's even had a chance to think about blogging. Thanks for reading!

1 comments:

  1. Lois Brown said...:

    I'm so excited for your vacation and very jealous about the motorcycle!!!! And I loved the pics of your house and how funny you two are.

    Allison turns 20 on sunday. Check out my blog I did a little tribute to her....

    http://alanloisbrown.blogspot.com/

    Have a great time. I'll be thinking of you while your gone having a blast!

    Love ya, Lois

 
The Cobb Spot © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops