It's Linds again!

Well, I'm a little bit bored at work right now, and Matt's so good about posting, so I figured I'd put my two cents in. My main excitement is our Honeymoon!! I know, we've been married for just over three years, but I'm FINALLY getting my honeymoon.

When Matt and I were getting married, his dad was really sick. The doctors were very much certain that he had pancreatic cancer. He went in for surgery the Monday after our wedding. He was in surgery for about 7-8 hours and the procedure wasn't a cure for pancreatic cancer. It would extend his life, at most, seven years. Matt and I thought it best to stick around in case something happened. Also, we didn't really think we could afford it at the time (which is true).

We'd had plans to do fun things around the metroplex that we didn't normally do. Palace of Wax, Fort Worth Zoo, Rangers game, Dallas world aquarium. Things we would do if we were coming to Fort Worth to honeymoon.

We did go to the zoo, and then out to eat at chili's. .....

Well, with a long surgery, comes much monitoring and recovering. Cheryl (Matt's mom) was up at the hospital like every day. She really needed our help at this time. Sean and Mary needed someone responsible to be with them through all of this, not to mention, they needed help moving.

Matt's parents were separated for several months before our wedding. They were moving back together but wanted to wait until the wedding schedule calmed down. So all of their things were being moved back up the street from their rent house, but before much of that was done, we painted Mary's room.

Well, let's just say, it wasn't something that I minded... so much... just not really ideal for a honeymoon.

Matt's a sweetheart. Valentines day of '07 he tried so hard to make it all better. We celebrated Valentine's at home the weekend after. I left to go get my meal of choice (you guessed it- Spaghetti) while Matt finished his surprise for me. I came home to see something covered up sitting on the coffee table. That was the first thing that Matt unveiled. He removed a towel and I saw 2 goldfish (Cosmo & Wanda) swimming in a bowl.

"Cute!" I exclaimed.

Then he brought down an arrangement of our decorative candles with pictures of celebrities taped to them. This is where I was pretty sure he was crazy. Next I saw several stuffed animals displayed almost like a kid thinks. For example- A monkey hanging from the wall, a tiger behind a kiddy/doggy gate, and a penguin on a blue and white "icy" looking blanket. He then turned on a Wii (which he'd borrowed) and turned it to the baseball game. Last but not least, he brought down this poster that he'd colored. It was a picture of paint buckets and brushes with a big red "no smoking" time circle over it.

He then looked at me and it really was THE sweetest thing, he said, "I wanted to do everything with you that we didn't get to do on our honeymoon."

As much as I really appreciated all of it, and like I said, it's the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me, I had for so long been excited about going to DisneyWorld on our honeymoon.

So in two weeks, that's where we'll be. I appreciate my sweet sweet husband for making ALL of my wishes come true. I'll be sure to post pictures. And for those of you who have been and know some cool little quirks that Matt may not, feel free to post so we can look for them!

Love you all!!!!
-Linds

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    ahw glad to hear you have such a sweetheart!!! :-P my sweetheart and i are 5 1/2 months pregnant!! ahhh! lol :-) what a surprise huh?

  1. Jenny said...:

    Lindsey, you guys are awesome!! Seriously!

    I'm way excited for you to go to Disneyworld!

  1. Lois Brown said...:

    I'm very excited for you to go to Disneyworld...you will love it and I'm glad you are getting your dream I have a blog now too...I think when I joined Facebook I thought it would be more what a blog is...I like sharing pictures and its a fun way for me to do my journaling now that I have my personal history all up to date. The funny thing is I didn't copy the link so I can't paste...what a dork i am!!! Hope you can find it anyway! Love you guys! Lois

 
The Cobb Spot © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops