Just another Saturday

I don't really have anything super fun to talk about today. But just so that I don't get out of the habit in updating I'll bring everyone up to speed.

Construction on the house began last week. It's not major or anything but it's a start. As much as I want to have my own space again, staying with my parents hasn't been too bad, and I'd kinda like them to build slowly so that we can save up more money. As it is we'll barely make the minimum downpayment. Our plan was to triple that. Oh well... it is what it is. On another note, our builder is not very considerate of other people's schedules. He called me at work yesterday and said that he needs to meet with us on Tue, Wed, or Thur (and I was thinking, well those days are all horrible for me, but maybe I can make it work somehow. Then he said, either 10am or 1pm. What kind of ghetto time frames are those? Either way you're looking at having to take almost a full half day off of work. Shouldn't a home builder assume that you're busy MAKING MONEY during those hours so that you can afford their overpriced houses?! Okay that's all on that subject.

My grand scheme for saving money by selling my car and buying a motorcycle has backfired and actually cost us WAY more than it would have saved. The bike broke down a week before I took my training class, and it is STILL in the shop (I should be getting it back Tuesday), the repairs have been expensive and I had to appoligize to Lindsey for making such a poor finicial decision. After beating myself up over it for 2-3 weeks she finally told me that she is glad I bought the bike. She's noticed that over the past 3 years, I VERY rarely spend money on things I want, and that this was a perfect opportunity to go do something because I wanted it, and not because it made sense. Apparently there are entire groups of people who use their paychecks to go out and do fun things and buy toys.... who knew? ;-) So all is well on that front and I'm just anxiously awaiting a phone call to tell me the bike is ready for pickup.

I picked up a second job which is a decent commute away. I work there 3 nights a week editing video. The other 2 nights of the week I go to my martial arts classes. So I usually get home between 9:30 and 11:00 most days. The money is good and they're already talking about finding a position for me full-time. That would be very nice considering my current work envioronment is hostile at it's best. They've hired in a "consultant" which I have decided comes from a latin word "poopooface" meaning: ignorant manipulator. Enough said.

It wouldn't be correct to say that Lindsey and I had a pregnancy "scare". Even though a baby would be a big challenge at this point in our lives, I don't think fear entered into the equation. It might be more accurate to say that we had the possibility of an "untimely parental suprise". But everything worked out there too, and we get to maintain our DINK status for a little while longer.

Lindsey has REALLY settled in to her supervisory position now. It was a challenge at first, but we are so glad that she got the job. Plus she's awesome at it. Loving what you do for a living is so critical, and I think she really really loves what she's doing now.


That's really about it for now. Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

  1. Danielle said...:

    DINK status. Hahaha. :)

  1. I've enjoyed reading the last couple of posts...it was fun to hear something from Lindsey; I just like you guys so much! Are you SURE you don't want to move to AZ? :)
    Lindsey, I'm sorry that you went through the experience of losing your cat and I am so touched by your thoughts. You are such an inspirational lady.
    Matt, I have to continue in the mushiness and say that you really seem to be a fantastic husband and the way you talk about and care for your sweetie just makes me so happy for both of you.
    Love you guys.
    Mandy

 
The Cobb Spot © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops