Well as Lindsey mentioned in her last post, I have been working very hard lately on something that (for the moment) I am quite proud of.

The company I work for has a strategic partnership with Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company. Along with prescription medication for people, they make a variety of medications/vaccines and other health products for livestock, and we help them promote those products. Along with producing and broadcasting cattle auctions, Superior Livestock has a full service production department which houses a very talented team of video professionals. Because of our relationship with Pfizer, they have agreed to sit down and discuss the possibility of letting Superior be a main source of Marketing for their company. However, we need to do a LOT of convincing before that is even on the table.

So about 2 months ago I was invited to a meeting to discuss what we could do to impress our prospective clients. It was decided that we would create a commercial, and to make a VERY long story short, I took the lead in the pre-production and between me and my co-worker Adam, concepted the entire thing. Then I was asked to direct the commercial and was in effect given the nod to take point on the entire project.

Unfortunately in the last 2 days of the project the entire plan was scrapped in favor of a new direction. So the bad news is that you will not be seeing this version of my directorial debut on a television screen near you, but it's without a doubt my most impressive work to date, so I finished it up on my own time and posted it here so that my friends and family can enjoy it. So without further ado...



4 comments:

  1. Lois Brown said...:

    awesome! How great is that!!!! It's really too bad they decided to do something else! But great work!

  1. Lindsey said...:

    At first i thought he was talking about his calves...as in the muscles on his leg... I'm a tad slow. :) hee hee. Good Job Matthew!! Way to go!

  1. Hey, that is pretty darn awesome. I am so excited for you that you are doing things like this...even if it 'goes in another direction' at the last minute. Your friends and family are all proud of you. :)
    But the real reason I am here is to say happy birthday!!!!
    It was not your birthday when you posted this but today, when I'm commenting, it is. I always think of you on this day...it's easy for me to remember because it's one month to the day after mine. I'm usually not great about remembering but yours I will always remember. And try to be better about telling you that I remember! Haha...I hope your day was awesome.
    Love,
    Mandy

 
The Cobb Spot © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops