7 Things (but not really)

I won't drag everyone through reading the exact same blog twice so I'll just touch on what went through my head whilst reading my lovely wife's responses.

- We have been in our house for less than 2 months. I have taken out my toolbox at least once a day since we moved in. Tightening this, hanging that, leveling this, shoring up that, installing this, building that. I've drilled, I've painted, I've smoothed, I've buffed, I've mounted, and I've shimmed just about everything inside our property line. And yet my wife still feels the need to say "finally" in reference to me hanging her shelves. Sheesh. I guess she doesn't realize that millions of people live in a house with unfinished (or unstarted) projects all the time, and take no issue with it. LOL

- I need to clarify Lindsey's "organizing"... I believe the word she is looking for is "compacting". Which I consider an entirely different talent. While the ability to fit a large amount of things into a small space comes in handy while packing for a trip... it has the opposite effect when cleaning. I cannot tell you how many times I've opened a drawer and found so many things "compacted" (crammed) into it, that it A: makes getting what I need almost impossible, and B: makes it unlikely that I can ever get that drawer closed again.

- One of the reasons "Don't forget" comes out of Lindsey's mouth so often, is that my #1 thing that I say all the time is "Hey hun, don't let me forget..."

- As for things I love about Lindsey, I love that she had trouble coming up with things to fill all her lists of 7, except the one of things she loved about me. She didn't even hesitate while typing it.

- Finally, I don't want to leave Lindsey's account of my technical endevors unexplained, lest I seem lame and technically ignorant. The problem we had was that our house was not built with a phone jack in the room we use for our office. Since our Mac was built before wireless network cards were standard protocal, it would need a "mac technician" to upgrade some of the hardware and manually change something in the operating system if we wanted to access our home network wirelessly. Instead, I decided to hardwire an ethernet cable through a common wall, into the office. So I bought a terminal for each side of the wall , and hard wired them together, then mounted one on each side of the wall. So instead of having something like this:


We have something nice and clean like this...


However, the in between stages, looked like this...



Don't ask me how.

2 comments:

  1. Linds said...:

    lol.... i love you!

  1. Lois Brown said...:

    Matt you are too funny! love the pics!

 
The Cobb Spot © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops