Week in review + 7 things tagged by Mandy

Let's see here... this week has been... okay I suppose. We had a party for our Sunday School class which brought way too much junk food in the house for our diets. (yeah, we're back on that) It worked out okay though because Matt's mom took most of it after my threat to trash it all. In my opinion, it's not a waste, I would pay that much to be skinny and we got our use out of it. 

Anyway... I also won tickets to the Dallas Stars hockey game this weekend. It was a district wide contest at work and I won. I was a little unsure about going seeing as how Matt's allergies were flaring up again and I had to work that morning, but I thought it would be a cheap cool thing to do, since the tickets were free and came with a parking pass. Boy am I glad we went. The seats were called Platinum or something and basically was like one step down from being in the box. We had a private escalator and our own server. It was cool, so at this point (even after pigging out Friday night at our party) we had to order cheeseburgers. We're both way glad we went. It was neat, even though they lost. 

Also, can I just say that my husband is SO handy? I'm so grateful for this! Besides the fact that he's (finally) putting up the floating wall shelves in our bedroom as I type, this weekend he learned by himself how to set up our internet. Okay, I know for most of you that seems like an easy task, but we wanted something a little more complex. We have iPhones, so we naturally wanted WiFi. But, because we have a mac that was made before a certain time we'd have to take our machine to the apple store to get something set up for it. (okay... i'll be honest, i'm not quite sure exactly what it is we needed, I don't get into all the technical stuff, I have him for that, so if you're technologically minded and this doesn't make sense, sorry). So he hard wired the internet to the computer in the office and set up a jack through the wall to the living room for wifi thing (i think...)Well basically, he taught himself how to put this thing through the wall and set it up and works. That's a simpler way of putting it. I'm sure he'll get on here and post how it really is. 

So... I can post from my own computer, which I've missed dearly. I've either been posting from work when it's slow or from my iPhone. I love my phone... but posting a whole blog is a little challenging... well, time consuming. 

I also wrote a letter to Sean. I put it out in the mailbox a little bit ago so that I wouldn't forget to mail it. (i do that ... a lot it seems. i'll write a letter and never mail it). He's on a mission right now. It was a challenge. I didn't really know what to say. I just remember something that happened to Matt once. Matt wrote an email to a missionary once telling him about things going on and certain events that had been done with him in the past, but basically saying that Matt was filling his shoes in his honor. He found out later that it made him miss home a lot. I'm sure serving a mission isn't easy, and I didn't want Sean to miss home more than he already did. I kinda did a brief run through of how things were going w/ Matt and Me and Millie and that I wasn't pregnant (since he asked in like his first letter home) and told him we were proud of him for serving. So... if y'all have any other ideas of how I could change up my weekly letter to him, lemme know... I don't want it to be a dread that he gets a letter from me. 

okay... now for this post. I think Mandy tagged me... there were like for 4 Lindseys on there... so... if I'm not one, I'll feel pretty stupid...  so here goes.  Oh yeah, Mandy, we're a lot alike in some ways... I think that's cool, 'cause I admire you.

7 things

7 things I can do:

1. Drive a stick shift. Matt taught me in one day. My stomach was a little (a lot) unsettled for a couple hours, but I'm glad I learned, even though I was really emotional about it.
2. Decorate. If given the things I want (heh) I can usually display them in an eye pleasing way. I think this comes from Matt as well. Going to an art school, he's very visual. 
3. Give my dog a bath. This may not seem challenging to most of you. Millie is... between 45-50 lbs. She doesn't like to get in the tub. Matt doesn't usually help me with this... hrm.. never helps me with this. I have to trick her. I feel a little guilty at first, but after she's all clean, I don't worry. I have to get the bathroom set up with all of the things I need in advance. Then coerce her as close to the bathroom as possible and then grab her, pick her up, and set her in the tub. She hates it. Preparation for motherhood, I suppose.
4. I don't know that I'd say organize (like Mandy) but I have this weird knack for compacting things. Sometimes it takes about two tries, but I can fit a lotta stuff in an itty bitty space. Not sure if it's the years of camp/efy, family road trips or what. It works out well though when Matt has to leave on business and has no clue how to cram all of his things in a small bag. I guess it's a talent. 
5. I, too can remember just about anything. I will say that journaling has helped. It usually had to do with what I was wearing when it happened. However, it most often was recalled at what time in my life it occurred based on the way my bedroom was arranged. It's weird, I know. 
6. Know what Millie is trying to say and then verbalizing it for her. Yeah, for real. 
7. Love my husband unconditionally. He's a really great guy.... but he is a guy. 

7 things I cannot do

1. Sing. or have any musical talent at all. I love to sing, especially hymns or primary songs... but I'm tone deaf (and a word forgetter...) 
 If I have accompaniment then I can usually carry the tune, but I can't really sing. Thanks, sweetie for putting up with me at church!
2. Deck out my page. I'm pretty sure Matt wants it to be the same just like it is forever and for always, but I'd like to spruce it up all cutesie every now and then... I just don't know how to do it... or really have the patience to teach myself. This layout will suffice.
3. Dance like Carlton on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Mandy, I'm mostly jealous of Ali and Kristyn because I'd LOVE to see this!
4. Anything Matt's really good at. i.e. Photoshop... handy man stuff... He's offered to teach me when I'd like to do something, but it usually ends up that we're either in a time crunch or he can do it much better so I leave it to him. 
5. Go a year without getting my car damaged in some way. This is not always my fault! 
6. Try new foods. Every time we go out to a restaurant (for example) I get the same thing. It's usually because when I think of where we're going, I already crave it. I also don't want to order something and not like it as much as I liked my signature item, so I stick with that. 
7. Reach any of the top shelves. I have a stool now. And sometimes, if I wear heels while on the stool I don't have to crawl up on something else. ... sometimes. 

7 things I say often:

1. You don't even know (this came from Mary)
2. What? :) (when I know I'm guilty of something)
3. No ma'am. Usually when Millie is in trouble, but I have been known to say it to others, like Cheryl, for instance.
4. Buttmunch. No one likes a Butt Munch. (this came from an episode of friends, but a lot of the time accurately portrays how Matt is acting).
5. Don't forget. Sometimes this is in vain. Matt usually forgets anyway.
6. Doesn't tickle. I use this line when I'm tickling Matt and he's not laughing. I figure if he's not laughing, then it doesn't tickle, and I can do it as much as I like. When he does it to me, I always freak out and reply with "DOES TICKLE!"
7. Helicopter butt. hahah... okay... Millie has a really strong and violent tail. She usually ends up wagging her butt instead of her tail, but when she does wag her tail, it's not back and forth. She wags it in a rotating circle like a helicopter. I'd like to see it pick her up and fly her around like on the cartoons. 

7 things I love about Matt:

1. See list labeled "things I cannot do"
2. He puts up with me and my whining. a lot. 
3. He takes me shopping and can empathize when I want a new pair of shoes. As long as it's not new flats, he's usually in. 
4. He makes me a better person. 
5. He's so freakin funny. Pretty much why I married him. My patriarchal blessing mentions someone who will bring me much joy and laughter. You can't argue that that isn't Matt!
6. He bought me a house... which i LOVE!
7. He's a worth priesthood holder. This is such a blessing in my life, and I'm grateful to be sealed to such a wonderful guy!

7 favorite foods.
1. Spaghetti. Angel hair pasta with meat sauce. I like some restaurants' but I prefer my own.
2. Steak. Usually the most expensive one on the menu. It's really good. I love Saltgrass.
3. Chocolate Chip cookies. mmm mmm
4. Chocolate Chip cookie dough! mmm mmm mmm
5. Matt's tacos or quesadillas. They're both really good!
6. Cheeseburgers. I try to not like them, but I can't.
7. BBB. Brownie Batter Blizzard. Well, now it's Chocolate extreme blizzard, but I get the extra brownie pieces. Mm DQ

7 people I tag
1. Matt... although that might get old as a post
2. Sis Brown
3. Lindsey Taylor
4. Jenny!
5. Cheryl (who should make a blog)
6. Evelyn
7. Anyone else who'd like to... since I can't remember everyone who follows our blog. :) 



2 comments:

  1. Of course I was tagging you! (In fact I decided to tag you and then realized how many Lindseys I know and thought it would be funny to tag them all. So, you were the original.) :)
    I totally laughed out loud reading that. I think Buttmunch made me laugh the hardest. And how Millie wags her tail. I guess the ones involving the word "butt"...
    hmmm...am I really fit to be an adult?
    Anyway, you are too cute. I totally envy your talent for fitting things into tight spaces. I know exactly what you mean because I am BAD at that. JC is good at it.
    I totally was amused that Matt won't let you buy flats. JC won't let me buy any more heels. So similar...yet so different. Ooh, maybe if I didn't have Tyra Banks feet we could do a closet swap! :)
    You are so sweet...me, admirable? Hmm...makes me feel good.
    I like when you guys post...it's fun to hear what's going on with you.
    Love,
    Mandy

  1. Lois Brown said...:

    I can't believe you tagged me! Because it's you I'll have to do it!

    For Sean, I usually just tell what's going on. Usually I've heard that they want to know and it helps to keep them in the "know" with what is happening. If their homesick, I don't think it will matter what you write they'll be homesick. So I don't know for sure...but that's what I do when I write missionaries. Dalton said that he wanted to know everything...so I guess it depends on the missionary!

    I love reading your blog. I love the relationship that you and Matt have.

 
The Cobb Spot © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops