Belated Valentine's!

Well, I know I'm a bit late, but in honor of my sweet Valentine I'm going to make a list of 14 memories that Matt and I shared.

1. I met Matt when I was 13 at a stake youth standards night through a mutual friend. I then proceeded to talk to him on AIM using pink and purple colors and Curlz font. not annoying at all!

2. When I was 13, he offered to fix my "stereo" (boombox, heh). It didn't work, but I appreciated the effort!

3. When I was 15 and my boyfriend at the time broke up with me, He and Claudia came and brought me a root beer float.

4. When I was 15, he invited me to help him with his ward variety show. This was the first time he ever walked me to my door. He also told me later on that this was the time he looked at me and thought "wow, she's beautiful!"

5. Matt and I went on a "date" ( I may have been 16) and went to see a movie at Movie Tavern. Leighann and Katie B. were at his house and wanted him to come home and hang out. He told them that he'd already had plans with me so they were outta luck. He told me he'd do the same for me.

6. At a later date, Matt did have plans with Katie B. but decided he'd rather hang out with me. (yeah, he didn't do the same for her, but I was okay with that)

7. I went to Matt's house the night I knew Claudia was breaking up with him. He wanted me to stay and hang out so he wasn't alone.

8. When I had just turned 16, I asked a guy on what would be my first date. He was unable to go so I was obviously devastated. Matt called and asked if he could take me out on a date. He was my first date and he even brought me flowers!

9. When I turned 17, my boyfriend at the time wouldn't come see me on my birthday. Matt came by and took me out to 4 star.

10. We tried to date once. We went to Denny's (a good place to sit and eat) and afterwards, we had decided it was just weird.

11. From our first REAL date, we knew we were going to marry eachother.

12. After almost every stake conference I would go to Matt's house for the rest of the day. It was tradition!

13. When Matt and I were dating we went to a Tim McGraw concert. His car got lost amongst the pick-ups. I was really frustrated, but looking back, I can see how he thought it was funny.

14. And my all time favorite memory of Matt was the day that we were sealed together for time and ALL eternity on June 24, 2005. I will never forget how happy we both were looking into eachother's eyes with pure joy!

There have obviously been a great deal of memories since we've been married. I just thought I'd pull some outta way back when! Happy belated Valentine's!!

3 comments:

  1. First of all, Matt...from your last entry, which I just read...I totally relate. Totally. I need to process and reflect before I REALLY comment but I just thought I would let you know. :) I completely have the same experiences and I'm sure many who read what you had to say felt like they were reading their own words. Oh, and by the way, you are awesome. And not a fraud. I'm horrible at paraphrasing, but those are the gists of my thoughts for now. :)
    Lindsay...what a cute post! I had no idea you and Matt went so far back! I guess we didn't talk a lot during the time he was in highschool and what not but HOW FUN to see memories from the times you have had together! You guys' relationship is a lot like mine and JC's! Special.
    Thanks for always leaving nice comments on my blog. :) It makes me feel like I talk to people!
    Love you guys...
    Mandy

  1. Lois Brown said...:

    What a great list and cute story and always good to remember how it all happened!

    Matt, you are amazing. You could never be a fraud, you have too much integrity and do too many good works!

    Love you both! Lois

  1. Jeff said...:

    Thanks for sharing! I am in the same boat as Mandy so it was a lot of fun catching up with yours and Matt's history. Very sweet!

 
The Cobb Spot © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops