name them one by one

Well I have a lot to be grateful for. Besides my awesome husband, Matt and my adorable Millie bear!

Recently at work we had a few layoffs. I guess they tried to stick it out as long as possible, but along with everyone else, ... the economy.

It put things in a bit of perspective for me. For quite some time I'd been frustrated w/ my 40 minute drive. I liked my job okay, it was really the bit of exhaustion that "commute" brought on. Yes, I'm aware that many of you may travel just as much if not longer to your job and don't consider it a career, but I'm used to going home for lunch. I usually work that close to home. So this is a bit of a readjustment. I took this position to further my career and it was a promotion.

Anyway- My mentor and dear friend who has been more help than she'll know, got let go the other day. Also, another teller at her branch was laid off. What if I were still there? hrm.

Matt's doing well at his job. He's traveling now, which is kinda a bummer on my part, but at least he's got a job.

I'm grateful for our new house. I'm grateful for the means (Mom) to decorate it into a home.

I'm grateful for my ancient car that safely gets me to and from work (for now) even after all it's been through in it's 240,000 miles.

I'm also really grateful for my calling the Stake YW Presidency. It has been really neat. I love working with these Young Women (Ann, Jenny, & Linda) as well as the girls and leaders throughout the wards. Camp is quickly approaching so I'm SUPER STOKED about that as well.

Things are going really well for us, inspite of daily wordly troubles. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and watches out for me. It's interesting to look back and see the Lord's hand in my life. It strengthens me in my times of trouble to know that there is a reason that I'm dealing with what's going on. I love him. He's pretty cool to do that for me!

So, my challenge to you is to look back throughout the past few months or years and think of some of the things that were really trying at the time, and to ponder on how Heavenly Father was actually helping. It's probably personal, but you can post if you want. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lois Brown said...:

    I love how you always bear your testimony...Thank you it strengthens mine!

  1. You had me crying by the end of that. You are such a fabulous girl. I am always touched by the things you have to say and amazed at how you seem to always have your eye on what's important. I feel like I can learn a lot from your faith.
    Also, Matt, BEST comment on my blog EVER. You win the cousin award. Thank you for your support. And for saying so many kind things that meant SO much to me. And your willingness to go to battle for me. :)
    Love,
    Mandy

 
The Cobb Spot © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops